Renting a car abroad is a great opportunity to see as much interesting things as possible in a new country without being tied to the local transport schedule (and for a large company, it also means significant savings).
Is it worth it to rent a car on vacation?
Yes, it’s worth it. Caravanning is the best way to get to know the country and have fun during the holidays. Humanity has not yet found anything better.
The main benefits that you will receive when renting a car:
- Complete freedom of movement.
- Great time savings compared to public transport. For the same vacation days, you will see twice as much.
- The opportunity to visit unusual and more interesting places, and not only tourist places.
- No need to worry about luggage: it is always in the trunk and is not a burden when moving.
- Save money because public transport usually costs more. This is especially true for two or more people.
- Driving a good car on a perfect road among beautiful landscapes and even with your favorite music is priceless.
Tips for choosing
- Consider the cost of insurance by comparing prices in different companies — it often makes up most of the rental amount.
- Always read reviews about landlords.
- Book a car in advance — this is a great way to save money.
- It is more profitable to book a car for 2 weeks than for a few days. More days of rent — less the cost of the car.
- Parking, especially in European cities, is a separate expense item. A hotel with free parking is a great solution.
- If you plan to travel long distances, check whether the company has a mileage limit per day or per week. It may cost extra money.
- Think over your route — is it convenient for you to return the car in the same city or office where you rented it? If not, then specify the possibility of a refund elsewhere.
- Have you made a complicated route from several countries? Ask the company if a permit or surcharge is required for entry into each of them.
Summing up, we can say that the car makes any trip brighter, more comfortable and often even cheaper. In almost any country you will need your own car, and only in large cities will it become a burden.
Image by Depositphotos.com